Fullstack Web Developer (PHP) Mid-Senior 2018
Pitchero, the UK's leading sports website service, is looking for a full stack web developer to join it's high performance technology team.
Pitchero is used in almost 200 countries worldwide with millions of active users each month, our platform has evolved to be far more than just club websites:
- Real-time scoring applications used from Sunday league right up to the Vanarama National League
- Video capture and processing technologies that get every goal, try and conversion online from pitch-side within seconds.
- Team management tools helping with the everyday running of grassroots sports clubs
- E-commerce solutions for merchandise sales and collection of membership fees
- Official League websites for the Vanarama National League, Evostik NPL, Bostik League and Evostik Southern League
We're looking for a highly motivated, self-starting problem solver to help us expand into new territories and continually improve our product. Over 4 million users visit the Pitchero platform each month via our responsive websites or mobile apps.
We're a small but ambitious group of passionate creatives, engineers and technologists; we're looking for people who can compliment our team and make a BIG impact.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders inside and outside of the department to fully understand sprint task requirements
- Deliver high quality software solutions to a wide range of technical problems
- Minimum 4 years in a professional development / software engineering role
- Ability to take ownership of the entire lifecycle of a sprint task from development and testing through to deployment
- Good working knowledge of distributed version control (we use Git)
- Good working knowledge of PHP5/PHP7 and at least one major PHP framework (e.g. Laravel, Symphony etc)
- Good working knowledge of CSS
- Working knowledge of SQL (we use MySQL) and ORM systems (e.g. Eloquent, Doctrine)
- Awareness of the full http lifecycle, from client request through to response including HTTP status codes
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (e.g. SASS / LESS)
- Working knowledge of composer and package management within PHP
- Experience with other programming languages in a professional environment (e.g. Ruby, NodeJS)
- Experience with other relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with other database & caching technologies (e.g. Memcached, Redis)
- Experience with a NoSQL database (MongoDB)
- Awareness of REST principals related to API development
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- £30,000 to £45,000 salary based on experience
- Private healthcare "cash plan" scheme
- Regular team socials and incentives
- Statutory pension contribution
- Super-fast office internet
- High spec Mac laptop
- Conference attendance (e.g. PHPNW, All Day Hey)
- 6-monthly reviews including personal development target setting
The office is open plan with break-out areas and a kitchen, where employees can enjoy a free breakfast and drinks throughout the day.
Our office is located near the White Rose Shopping Centre, just off the M62 with good bus links and free parking, as well as shops and restaurants close by.